Canonical Tags

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I found some information about canonical tags in some other thread but they didnt really answer my question so hoping someone has some experience with this issue:

I am creating a wide range of content across various channel that I contribute too, such as Medium, Thrive, LinkedIn Articles etc.

I want those articles to also be posted on the blog of my website as I think they still offer value to the traffic coming to the site and I can use those content pages in internal link silos etc, to improve UX. Ofcourse I know there is no SEO benefit either :)

However, I can not seem to find a way to implement a canonical tag so that I am not hit with a duplication penalty.

Is there a way that I can add a canonical tag to the content on my site to point to the content where I originally posted (medium, thrive etc)...

Be great if someone could help me out here

0 Likes

I think it's possible if you use rel="canonical" link tag but you need to explain more about the condition logic to implement

Richard | Front-end Dev @ PageFly
- Click 'Like' to let me know you like my answer!
- Are you having problems building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder whose goal is to empower anyone to build a perfect store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Richard. Well, its just a simple reporting of existing content essentially.

I posted this article to Medium: https://medium.com/@contact_37597/the-best-b2b-marketing-content-tools-for-2020-71d1196e9239

i would also like to post on my Shopify blog. So just need to know if a simple canonical tag is going to work on Shopify and how to do it :-D

0 Likes