Cant connect my Facebook page to the Shopify sales channel

1 0 0

Im trying to connect my brands facebook page as a sales channel but when i try to do it the following message comes up 

To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 22 35

Hi @tomelliott8,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us and for letting us know! 

In order to connect a page to the Facebook sales channel, you will need to ensure that you're listed as an admin within your Facebook settings and that your page has been published. 

To make sure that you have been listed as an admin; please log in to your Facebook Business page and then click Settings. Now click on Page Roles, and then scroll to the Existing Page Roles section here. If the Facebook page was created less than 7 days ago, or Admin Access was granted to the user less than 7 days ago, you might not see admin permissions. Please reattempt the connection after 7 days. Facebook's API has a delay of 2-7 days in allowing third parties to recognize the Admin status of the user.

After that, you will now need to make sure that the page has been published. This can be seen in the Settings > General of your Facebook Business page as shown here. 

If the above still does not work, we will need to disconnect and reconnect Shopify's permissions on Facebook, however, please let me know how you get on with the above first and I'll be happy to outline the next steps if needed. 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Ted,

I have the exact same problem. I am the admin of the Facebook page and cannot connect Facebook page to the Shopify sales channel. I have checked that Facebook shows I am the admin and my Facebook page is published. I also tried to delete the Facebook sales channel and reinstalled it, but still showing below image. I don't know what else I can do. Please help.

cannot connect.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 22 35

Hi @perfectadanla,

Thanks for letting me know! I've been chatting with the team in regards to this and if you are still not able to secure a connection after fully uninstalling Shopify from your Facebook settings, we will need to raise this further so our Tech team can take a look. I can see that you're currently chatting with my colleague Sophia about this, so I'm going to raise this ticket further for you now. As soon as we have an update, our team will contact you back via email. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill, 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem. I have tried everything imaginable

@perfectadanla wrote:

Hi Ted,

I have the exact same problem. I am the admin of the Facebook page and cannot connect Facebook page to the Shopify sales channel. I have checked that Facebook shows I am the admin and my Facebook page is published. I also tried to delete the Facebook sales channel and reinstalled it, but still showing below image. I don't know what else I can do. Please help.

cannot connect.jpg

to resolve this but nothing works. Have tried other posters workarounds but still no joy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 22 35

Hi @Warthog,

There's no solid resolution as of yet, however, our team are working with Facebook's developers and we are hoping to resolve this as soon as possible. I see you've followed the steps provided as mentioned in this thread and also with our Live Chat Support yesterday. I'm just after raising your support ticket with Grace to our Tech team for review. 

0 Likes