Cant remove payment options in product page

Anou2986
2 0 0

Hi, hoping someone here can help me resolve this headache of an issue. I recall when I first started exploring Shopify, I came across this section that allowed me to tick different payment logos and asked if I wanted to include free shipping and secure checkout badge for my store - I played around with it, and believe I added a bunch of those logo and badges. Mind you, this was before i even began working on themes for my store. 

I now am faced with this issue as you can see from the image below. This pops up in all product pages in my store before the product description and I can't seem to remove it. I untick dynamic payment in the product page setting in my theme - NOTHING. It's like stuck there. I believe this is caused by what I did earlier on when I was exploring - the thing is, I cant seem to rmb where that section is anymore, despite trying to retrace my steps multiple times. 

I checked with support and they cant seem to figure it out  - having to escalate it, but thought I'Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 5.39.49 PM.pngd ask you guys in case someone faced the same issue like me. Thanks  in advance for the help!

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
377 56 75

Hello @Anou2986 !

You can remove the Paypal express button and other payment options individually on your product pages by disabling the dynamic checkout options within your theme.
To do this you'll want to open up the theme editor by going to Online Store>Themes>Customize. In here click on the drop-down mean in the top bar to select 'Product Pages.
Once you click 'product pages', you can scroll down and you will see the option to uncheck the dynamic checkout options.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
0 Likes
Anou2986
2 0 0

Hi!

Thanks for your reply - I did try that but it keeps coming back. Even after I save, that whole portion remains there - which makes me think that it might not be a theme issue. I recall that when I first got my Shopify profile (before I began Oberlo or looked into my online store / themes), I was exploring the settings and I remember coming across a section that asked if I wanted to add a free shipping and SSL secure badge  - that same section had all these payment logos as well. So I began just ticking them, not knowing that it would show up on my online store this way. 

I believe this is what might be causing this error, HOWEVER, I cant find that section anymore I keep trying to retrace my steps but failing.  So if anyone here know which section asks about badges, please do point me in the right direction so maybe I can right this. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
377 56 75

Hey @Anou2986 ,

Try adding the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

.template-product div#trust_seal_ppr {
display: none;
}

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
0 Likes