Cart Attribute on Cart Page Issue or Bug

JoeRam
5 0 0

Hi, I have this issue and it's confirmed with my intensive testing. I have 2 new attributes in cart page (i.e. Delivery Date and Message on Card). Delivery date should be mandatory. So when I add product to my cart, it will bring me to cart page before I can continue to checkout. On this cart page, I have to fill up Delivery date and Message on Card for Recipient. After I filled these attributes values, and click Check Out, both these attributes were not stored in Database and not appeared on my Order Page (this is a BIG Issue, what's the point to have these attributes but we can see them in the order page).

But if I filled these attributes on my cart page and click Update (or Update Cart) before clicking Check Out button, these attributes values were saved and appeared on Order page.

Initially I was told it's my theme issues (Minimal theme) and you guys suggested me to change to Debut, and I did change to Debut and I still have the same problem. The Debut theme just automatically update the quantity but the customized attributes, therefore these attributes were not stored if you don't click Update Cart button before clicking Check out button. This is very frustrating because this is very basic feature in any eCommerce platform. Please help.

0 Likes
BananaMoon
Excursionist
18 1 1

Hello,

It's quite weird indeed. Can you tell us the attribute you try to add? And also, do you have red JavaScript errors if you check code / inspect code on desktop? 

Regards,

0 Likes
JoeRam
5 0 0

Hello, the attributes (fields) are Delivery Date and Card Message to Recipient.

Here is my shop: https://ollies-blooms-plants.myshopify.com/ 

Thanks

0 Likes
BananaMoon
Excursionist
18 1 1

It will need a few hours for a pro to sort it out.

It's probably a loop issue (for/endfor).

Have a nice day,

0 Likes