Change Domain Within Shipify

10 0 0

Greetings.

My store is https://lancernation-merchandise-store.myshopify.com.

I want to make it https://lancernation.myshopify.com

I am unsure how to do this. I tried going thought settings but there is nothing there. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 8 27

Hello!

My name is Ren from the Shopify Guru team and I'd love to help out here.

So for some context on the URL you are referring to - each Shopify account comes with a .myshopify URL. In your case, it's lancernation-merchandise-store.com. This URL essentially acts as a login credential. Once it's created it cannot be changed. That being said, you can always open a new account under a different name like lancernation.myshopify.com (if it's available).

However, this means that any work you've put into your initial store would need to be transferred over, which can be a tedious process. The best option for you would be to keep lancernation-merchandise-store.com and purchase a domain name. Through Shopify you can purchase a domain name for $14usd/year. Some examples (if they're available) could look like lancernation.com, lancernation.net, lancernation.store, lancernation.merch, etc.

Once purchased and set as your primary domain, your .myshopify URL will no longer be visible to customers and you will only require it when logging in or when reaching out to support to identify your store.

Why choose a domain name?

A domain name is a unique way to identify you and your business and will offer your business an easy way to achieve a feeling of professionalism.

When you're ready you can head over to our Domain registration page to check and see which domain names are available. From there, check out our help document that will walk you through how to purchase your domain. Also, if you'd prefer or already have a third-party domain and there's no need to buy one you can referring to this document for connecting a third-party domain.

There is no better way to solidify your brand by securing a domain for your identity. It builds trust! Stores with a custom domain are going to experience higher conversions than stores without.

Let me know how you get on with that, and we can chat about any issues you run into.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
10 0 0
Hi Ren7

I actually own LancerNation.net. can I use that to make a sub domain like Shop.lancernation.net and point it to the Shopify link?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 8 27

Hi, again!

Depending on your provider you can set-up your subdomain with the directions at this link. You'll find a list of third-party providers with individual instructions. Keep in mind that it could take up to 48 hours for your custom domain to point to Shopify and if you run into any issues, your best bet is to contact the third-party domain support directly. Also, you can have up to 10 domains connected as well. If you intend on transferring your domain to Shopify you can access those instructions here. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes