Change currency of the store after first sale

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

I need to change the currency of my store into GBP while it is at the moment in €.

Could anyone please help out with this as i am unable to do so and not able either to change the currency for the shipping costs as still in €.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Hi, @batouly !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I would be happy to help you change your currency setting after going through a few important points.

The reason why the feature to change the currency is locked after making your first sale is to give us an opportunity to explain the impact it may have on your business. Here are a few things to consider:

• First, your reporting will not be accurate going forward. The reports will show a number reflected in a single currency - the one you change it to. Since €1 does not equal to £1, the reporting will be inaccurate.
  • You will need to reconsider your product pricing to account for the exchange rate after your currency change.
  • Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you believe one of your apps may be affected, I suggest contacting the app developers for more context on the impact.
  • Refunds processed after the currency change will also be affected.

Do you still wish to move forward with the currency change? 

* Note that when the currency setting is changed, it will reflect in the shipping as well *

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

i would really want you to help indeed with the change of the currency.

So i do accept for it to be changed in GBP instead of €.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

https://help.oberlo.com/en/articles/952395-changing-your-shopify-store-currency#:~:text=Change%20cur... 

Please check this link. may be you will find solution.. 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Great! Thanks for confirming @batouly !

I will be sending you an email shortly so I may access your account to help you change the currency.

Keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Perfect !

Thanks 

1 Like