Change currency

Solved
Proven-panda
Tourist
5 0 0
I made a test purchase on my store, without knowing that it can't be changed afterwards.
Now I want to change it from INR to USD.
0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1018 74 165

Hi, @Proven-panda 

Elle here from Shopify. 

You will not have the option to change your currency after making your first sale. Our support must be contacted directly if you wish to make any changes!

The reason for this is because there are many implications that must be considered when changing your currency:

• Reports will be affected after the currency switch; when switching between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies.
  • Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 AUD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.
  • Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If you need to know how changing selling currency will affect your apps, recommend reaching out to the App partner to clarify before we make the switch.

As long as this is okay with you, I will reach out to you directly via email to get the process started. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Proven-panda
Tourist
5 0 0
Elle, are you there?
0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1018 74 165

Hi, @Proven-panda 

Yes I am here!

Did you receive my email? The subject line is `Currency Change - Shopify Community`. 

Please let me know if you have not received it and I will re-send! For reference, it was sent to the email you use to log into this community. 

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes
canti
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the same regarding the store currency change. I made my first sales for test order, and I would like to change my store currency from IDR to USD. Can you also help me with this issue asap? Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1018 74 165

Hi, @canti 

Sure thing! I will be in touch via email. 

Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Cheers,
Elle

0 Likes
Larpie
2 0 0

Hi Elle

Could you please help me i need to change my currency but i have already made my first sale, i was doing a test run.

i cant seem to get help from the shopify support. i have been trying for weeks 

0 Likes
Larpie
2 0 0

my email is larpiez@yahoo.com

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1018 74 165

Hi, @Larpie 

Absolutely! I'll be in touch shortly. 

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes
keifer
2 0 0

Elle! I need your help as well.... I can't find anyone on support email to help me with the same process.

0 Likes