Change default quantity on cart-popup and cart it self

Jakob221
2 0 0

Hi, i need a bit of guidance to help change the default quantity, when you add a product to your cart in the Debut theme. I've tried changing the quantity value in the input tag inside the product-template.liquid file, but it does not seem to apply to either the cart-popup or cart it self. I've provided a snippet of where i tried changing the values.

So if something could please point me in a direction in terms of how i might change it

Thank you!

{% if section.settings.show_quantity_selector %}
              <div class="product-form__controls-group">
                <div class="product-form__item">
                  <label for="Quantity-{{ section.id }}">{{ 'products.product.quantity' | t }}</label>
                  <input type="number" id="Quantity-{{ section.id }}"
                    name="quantity" value="5000" min="5000" pattern="[0-9]*"
                    class="product-form__input product-form__input--quantity" data-quantity-input
                  >
                </div>
              </div>
            {% endif %}

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
1971 318 421

So you basically want customers to add a pre-defined quantity instead of giving them the option to add what they want?

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
0 Likes
Jakob221
2 0 0

I want to have a default quantity of 5000 instead of 1, when they press the "add to cart" button in the product page. They would still be able to change the quantity in the cart it is just the default value that is defined when they add the product to the cart in the product page.

0 Likes