Solved

Changing Background Color For SOLD OUT Button

Roxee541
Shopify Partner
31 2 5

Hello Shopify People,

I am trying to change the background color for our SOLD OUT button. I have searched the Shopify Community, and although this questions has been posted before, it seems a different answer for different themes.

I am using the Mr. Parker theme. There are no settings in the Theme Settings for this, only for the main button color.

The theme uses a product.form.liquid to bring in the Add To Cart & Sold Our buttons on product pages. I won't post all the form code here, only the button code from the form:

Very top of form:

{% assign call_to_action = 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t %}

{% assign current_variant = product.selected_or_first_available_variant %}

{% unless current_variant.available %}
 {% assign call_to_action = 'products.product.sold_out' | t %}
{% else %}
{% endunless %}

Bottom of form:
<div class="product-add">
{% if section.settings.show_quantity %}
<label for="quantity">{{ 'products.product.quantity' | t }}</label>
<input min="1" type="number" id="quantity" name="quantity" value="1" />
{% endif %}
<input type="submit" name="button" class="add clearfix AddtoCart{% if section.settings.show_payment_button %} secondary-button{% endif %}" value="{{ call_to_action }}" {% unless current_variant.available %}disabled{% endunless %} />
{% if section.settings.show_payment_button %}
{{ form | payment_button }}
{% endif %}
</div>

I tried wrapping a span class around: {% assign call_to_action = 'products.product.sold_out' | t %}, and using CSS but did not do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Accepted Solution (1)

bdowling
Pathfinder
80 13 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, if you share a link I can give a more accurate answer.

In the meantime, you can try this:

Step 1:

Add this anywhere you'd like in  the "theme.scss.liquid" file and change the hex color to your choice:

.sold-out-background {
  background-color: #ffffff; // change background color here
}

Step 2:

Find this line in the code you shared:

<input type="submit" name="button" class="add clearfix AddtoCart{% if section.settings.show_payment_button %} secondary-button{% endif %}" value="{{ call_to_action }}" {% unless current_variant.available %}disabled{% endunless %} />

and add this in the quotations for "class="..."":

{% unless current_variant.available  %} sold-out-background{% endunless %} 

so that line looks like this now:

<input type="submit" name="button" class="add clearfix AddtoCart{% if section.settings.show_payment_button %} secondary-button{% endif %} {% unless current_variant.available  %} sold-out-background{% endunless %} " value="{{ call_to_action }}" {% unless current_variant.available %}disabled{% endunless %} />

That may allow you to change the background color in the "sold-out-button" css in "theme.scss.liquid". I hope this helps

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

bdowling
Pathfinder
80 13 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, if you share a link I can give a more accurate answer.

In the meantime, you can try this:

Step 1:

Add this anywhere you'd like in  the "theme.scss.liquid" file and change the hex color to your choice:

.sold-out-background {
  background-color: #ffffff; // change background color here
}

Step 2:

Find this line in the code you shared:

and add this in the quotations for "class="..."":

{% unless current_variant.available  %} sold-out-background{% endunless %} 

so that line looks like this now:

<input type="submit" name="button" class="add clearfix AddtoCart{% if section.settings.show_payment_button %} secondary-button{% endif %} {% unless current_variant.available  %} sold-out-background{% endunless %} " value="{{ call_to_action }}" {% unless current_variant.available %}disabled{% endunless %} />

That may allow you to change the background color in the "sold-out-button" css in "theme.scss.liquid". I hope this helps

Roxee541
Shopify Partner
31 2 5

Hi bdowling,

You did not need any link, your solution worked fine! (Although in the future, I will leave a link, forgot to on this thread).

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Todd

socialgracesvin
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having a similar issue and cannot change the Sold Out button with coding. I'm using the Taste Theme by Shopify. I'm wanting to switch the Sold Out button to a Black button with White letters as opposed to a white button with black letters. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I've also screenshot the issue. Thanks!

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @Roxee541

Please follow the steps:

- Step 1: Go to Bottom of form and add code in class: {% unless current_variant.available %}button-sold_out{% endunless %} , https://i.imgur.com/krkXVs6.png

- Step 2: Go to Assets > stylesheet.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.button-sold_out{

color: #d6d6d6 !important;

background: #000000 !important;

}

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify