Changing Contact Form Labels

mylittleitch
2 0 0

Hey everyone! I'm needing help changing one of my labels on my contact form. Instead of it saying "Message" I want it to say "Your Story." Here is the current code for that part. I can't figure out what I need to change to switch the label. Thanks!

<label for="{{ formId }}-message">{{ 'contact.form.message' | t }}</label>
<textarea rows="10" id="{{ formId }}-message" name="contact[body]">{% if form.body %}{{ form.body }}{% endif %}</textarea>

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2535 417 601

Hi @mylittleitch 

To change this, click on "Online Store" -> "Themes" -> "More Actions" -> "Edit Language" and then search for the relevant field and modify there.

Let me know if that works!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
- Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

mylittleitch
2 0 0

Wow thanks I had no idea that feature was there! However, I still can't find the specific section I'm trying to change. I have a generic Contact Me page that I don't need to edit at all. That is the one that I can see when I go to the edit languages section. But the form I'm trying to change is an additional contact form that's directly related to my blog. Is there a way to use the Edit Language option for that one? Thanks!

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
860 99 158

Hi @mylittleitch

You can find and edit the code for your theme.

Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes -> Select your theme.

2. Click Actions > Edit code.

3. Please find and replace with your info in the file name “en.default.json”

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/11ar6m6

Hope this helps! 

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!