Changing Location of Slider in Brooklyn Theme

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

On Brooklyn Theme under Header is Slider.  I removed the slider code from the Header.Liquid File.  The Objective is to place a Custom HTML Block right under the header and position the slider underneath the custom html block OR above the Footer.

However, So far have not determined which liquid file and which line to place the code for the slider on    Let's say for example the slider is to be right above the Footer.  Where would the code be inserted.    The table below is the code that was removed allowing a custom html section to sit right underneath the Header since the Slider is no longer in the way.  

header.liquidLine 117{% if template.name == "index" %} 
    {% section 'slideshow' %} 
  {% endif %} 
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 68 144

Hey there, @AskDave 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is actually a really great question. The easiest way to add this slideshow to the area right above the footer would be to add it to the index.liquid.

This tutorial is specific to an unedited version of the Brooklyn theme, VERSION 12.0.2. We cannot guarantee results for themes that have been modified with custom coding and/or apps. We suggest hiring a Shopify Expert if you are not comfortable proceeding with the following tutorial, or wish to make any variations to this tutorial.’

• Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • In the Templates folder open up the index.liquid.
  • Copy and paste {% section 'slideshow' %} to the end of that file and click Save. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Bo,

Thank you so much.  That worked. 

Per the picture attached, is there a way to put the slideshow inside the "Add Section" under customize theme?

Header and Slider and Footer are not options unless removed at the liquid files.  For some reason the developer didn't put Slideshow as an ADD SECTION item.    This would be nice to position the slider anywhere on the page even between sections.    Debut, on the other hand, has Slideshow in the ADD SECTION section and that's convenient.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 68 144

Thank you for getting back to me, @AskDave. I was just speaking with our theme team to see if this would be possible and they have confirmed that making the slideshow a removable section would be a large code rewrite. A rewrite of this size would not be supported by Shopify as per our design policy. The Brooklyn theme was specifically built with the slideshow fixed at the top of the page as this is where hero-slides (slides that take up the width of any device screen and adjusts accordingly) generally perform the best.

I understand that this was not the answer you wanted. If you still want to implement this feature I would recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert. You can also check out the teams at HeyCarson and TaskHusky, one of their developers may be able to help you achieve this. 

Was there any reason in particular that you wanted to achieve this? Are you getting ready to launch your site or are you simply doing a redesign? Let me know and I may be able to help in some other area. If you would like any other help or feedback, please do provide a link to your store so I can take a look.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes