Changing Store name display in theme

Solved
YeeDanny
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello all, 

I want to change the text of my store name.The desired outcome is to replace the old store name with the new one. I looked in theme.liquid 

<title>
  {{ page_title }}{% if current_tags %}{% assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags }}{% endif %}{% if current_page != 1 %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}{% endif %}{% unless page_title contains shop.name %} &ndash; {{ Keyboardstop }}{% endunless %}
  </title>

and changed 'shop.name' to 'Keyboardstop' the store name. But it still diplays the old store name. What is the liquid file to make this edit? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 21 24

Hey @YeeDanny,

Finley from Shopify here, thanks for your question!

Are you looking to change the store name you see on your storefront as shown below?

20-10-uebae-knxsd.

If so, this can be updated at any time under your Settings > General > Store name section like so:

20-10-tv3ud-tk5gr.

Your myshopify.com URL

If you’re instead looking to update your .myshopify.com URL, this is something that can’t be removed or changed. The only way to have a different .myshopify.com URL is by creating a new Shopify store.

However, you can always add a custom domain name to your store. If you were to do this and set your custom domain as the primary domain, then this would be the URL your customers would always see.

Branding your store

Adding a custom domain is a way to brand your store, as well as make it look professional and trustworthy.

If you're interested in learning more about this topic, we have an article on our Shopify blog that goes into more depth. From narrowing down who your target audience is, to choosing the colors and fonts of your brand, it's a handy resource!

If anything about changing your store name is unclear or you have further questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

YeeDanny
Tourist
8 0 2

@Finley wrote:

Hey @YeeDanny,

Finley from Shopify here, thanks for your question!

Are you looking to change the store name you see on your storefront as shown below?

20-10-uebae-knxsd.

If so, this can be updated at any time under your Settings > General > Store name section like so:

20-10-tv3ud-tk5gr.

Your myshopify.com URL

If you’re instead looking to update your .myshopify.com URL, this is something that can’t be removed or changed. The only way to have a different .myshopify.com URL is by creating a new Shopify store.

However, you can always add a custom domain name to your store. If you were to do this and set your custom domain as the primary domain, then this would be the URL your customers would always see.

Branding your store

Adding a custom domain is a way to brand your store, as well as make it look professional and trustworthy.

If you're interested in learning more about this topic, we have an article on our Shopify blog that goes into more depth. From narrowing down who your target audience is, to choosing the colors and fonts of your brand, it's a handy resource!

If anything about changing your store name is unclear or you have further questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Thank you Finley, 
I ended up finding this out a couple days after my post. I was overthinking it with the liquid files 
Thanks again 

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 21 24

This is an accepted solution.

I'm glad to hear this, @YeeDanny.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes