Changing "content_type" in the Facebook Pixel on Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Hey,

We are using the native Facebook Pixel set-up on Shopify (where you just type your pixel code and then Shopify does the rest) and it's been working for the last couple years but 2 months ago it broke.

After many back and forths with Facebook we finally deduced that the problem was that for some reason the ViewContent content_type was firing as 'product_group' rather than 'product'. As such we have been unable to run Dynamic Retargeting Ads.

Can anyone explain how to edit the code so we can change 'product_group' to 'product'?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Bump.

Anyone got any ideas or could direct me to the right place to ask?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Don't know how to change product_group into product for individual content_ids. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did u find an answer? I wanted to let the pixel fire for everytime a specific product gets bought. But with content_ids it doesn´t fire and there is no other option then content_typ or content_ids

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey,

It ended up being the data feed connector that we were using was just not formatting the data correctly. Changed to a new data feed app and everything worked perfectly.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank u! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Robert,

Would you be able to disclose what new data feed app you used? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

C

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Hey,

Yeah we use Flexify, seems to work quite well.
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello everyone.

My name is Romchy, I am with the support of Shopify Product-Feed. This is a service that will solve your tasks of synchronizing your shop Shopify with advertising services Facebook Shopping, Google Merchant Center aka Google Shopping, Instagram Shopping, Yottos AdLoad, Pinterest.

Shopify Product-Feed - Facebook Google is good for you in this situation.
It will solve your problem and allow you to expand the strategies of advertising campaigns, for example, on thematic ones, by uploading categories in different feeds. Will automatically generate utm tags, etc.

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

romchy | Application consultant
Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 
→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center

→ or Video Help Center Shopify Feed Product
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

0 Likes