Solved

Chatting or talking to Shopify Rep?

LetusNamaste
18 0 0

I have been trying to find a way to again chat or speak with a Shopify Rep to no avail to finalize the support they said I would be given.

To make it easier, I saved the Shopify Chat/phone contact URL so I could quickly access a communication path without all the “turns & twists” that the Contact Shopify Support is.

Now to sign in, It says sign in which I do. Then it takes me to select my shop which I do.

Then it takes me to contact Support.

I scroll down to --- Can’t find the answers you’re looking for? We’re here to help.

Contact Shopify Support Box

Which I click on but then it just takes me back to the sign-in page. Over and over and over again.

Another question is ----- is this occurring because as I build my store, I chose the $9.00 plan in the interim?

I have a Shopify Support call ticket but the response always takes days or no response at all.

I would like to open up my store this week but there are some issues I require being resolved first.

Can someone please answer my request?

Also, why does Shopify make it so impossibly impossible to chat or speak with someone?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

If you're unable to upload your video via URL, that's okay! Rest assured, I'm here to help ensure that we can get this resolved.

It sounds like the issue is that you're still being redirected to the login page when clicking "Continue" below the "Get Support" option. To rule out any errors in the steps you're taking, I created a video that walks you through you how to access our contact options. You can check that out here. If, after following those exact same steps, you're still running into issues, then here's what you'll want to do next: 

• Clear the cache and cookies (in Chrome, use the "all time" time range). I understand that you've already done this with McAfee, but let's give it another try!
  • Try on another web browser, AND try within the browser's incognito mode (in Chrome, you can access this in File > New Incognito Window).
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date on the latest version (Chrome has instructions on how to find out if your browser is up to date here).
  • Try another device such as another computer or a cellphone.
  • Try another internet connection (example, switch to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi.)
  • Ensure there are no pop ups being blocked in the web browser. 

If the issue persists, please respond letting me know exactly which of the above steps you have tried. This will better help me understand where the issue is coming from.

I appreciate your cooperation and I'm looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @LetusNamaste!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having troubles contacting our Support team. Based on your post, it sounds like you're completing all the steps necessary to reach our contact options, so you're definitely on the right track! In this case, this is very likely a browser-related issue, so let's go through some troubleshooting steps together.

First off, which browser are you using? It's important that you ensure you're using one of our supported browsers. While we support Safari, I've personally come across a few instances where merchants are unable to reach support using this browser. If you're using Safari, I instead recommend using Google Chrome as it tends to work best with our platform.

If you're already using Google Chrome, then you'll next want to clear your cache and perhaps try again using incognito mode, which can be accessed by hitting File > New Incognito Window. While this should do the trick, it may also be worth rebooting your router or trying a different device or internet connection altogether. Please let me know how that goes!

Now, to address your second question, it sounds like you're referring to the Pause and Build plan, which is $9 USD per month. Rest assured, this will not have any effect on your ability to contact our Support team. In fact, anyone without a Shopify account can contact us by simply selecting the "Continue without logging in" option from the Support page here. I do appreciate the fact that you've been in touch with us over phone and it sounds like you've been corresponding with the same Support Advisor over email. When it comes to email, response times will vary depending on the availability of the Advisor you are working with. For that reason, I recommend reaching out via live chat so you can speak with someone in real-time. 

I'm also happy to help answer any questions here in the Community Forums! Feel free to share them here. 

LetusNamaste
18 0 0

Hi Julie,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Good point about my browser which is Chrome. I have cleared my cache but the problem persists.

Recently, McAfee cleared my cache and now the situation is worse, I can't access the items in the various collections. Shopify - status page - says everything is fine -- but it is not.  Also, there is some issue occurring on the Shopify side about how prices are showing up. I thought it was a Printful thing but they said no. I did submit an email about this a couple of days ago but have not heard back.

Can I please chat with someone? I have tried to access the chat to no avail -- that same issue persists for me.

Or email me set up a time? The store is no longer password protected but before I do a marketing campaign, the store has to be set up completely. 

Thank you.

collections issue.png

LetusNamaste
18 0 0

Hi,

The problem with the blocked collections item seems to have been corrected.

The pricing issue is still there. I changed the prices to an even $40.00 in Printful but it did not translate into Shopify. I chated with Printful (it is so easy for me to chat with someone there) about the pricing issue, they checked on their end, and the result was that I needed to address this with Shopify. I know one of these days everything will be **bleep**-dorey but in the interim, got to fix those kinks in my Shopify wheel. Thank you.

pricing issues.png

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for the quick followup, @LetusNamaste!

I'm glad to hear that you're now able to access your collections. While I can't say for certain whether this issue is related to McAfee, I would suggest using incognito mode if this occurs again. You can access that by heading to File > New Incognito Window. Alternatively, rebooting your router can sometimes do the trick should your network be caching the error.

In regards to your product prices, do your retail prices reflect as an even $40 in the Printful app, but not on Shopify's end? You can find out by heading into the Printful app, then clicking any of the products that have an incorrect price. You'll then see an option to Edit prices in Printful. Not only will this allow you to confirm if the prices are different in the app, but you'll also get the opportunity to edit your prices here. It's worth noting that you can also manually adjust your product prices on Shopify's end by bulk editing them. That being said, let me know what you see on Printful's end! If you can share a screenshot of the same product within the Printful app, that would really help. 

As for getting in touch with our Support team, I'd love to help you access our contact options so you can get the realtime assistance you need. However, this definitely sounds like a browser-related issue, so some troubleshooting steps will be necessary here. Did you happen to follow the instructions I previously shared on how to access live chat? If so, what's happening when you select "Continue without logging in"? Have you also tried to access live chat using incognito mode in Google Chrome? 

LetusNamaste
18 0 0

Hi,

About my contacting Shopify support issue that has been going on from forever.

I spoke to a McAfee rep, he accessed my computer, looked everywhere to see if it was an issue with my computer, he even put Shopify on the safe websites list in my Google Chrome but the issue persists. I took a video with my phone about what I do, but the file was too large, so I learned how to do it by capturing my computer screen. I have the video.

OMG, I can't load up the video from my PC??? It is asking for a URL??? 

Now after such a long dealing with all of this, it is becoming just to much!!!!!! 😞video.png

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

If you're unable to upload your video via URL, that's okay! Rest assured, I'm here to help ensure that we can get this resolved.

It sounds like the issue is that you're still being redirected to the login page when clicking "Continue" below the "Get Support" option. To rule out any errors in the steps you're taking, I created a video that walks you through you how to access our contact options. You can check that out here. If, after following those exact same steps, you're still running into issues, then here's what you'll want to do next: 

• Clear the cache and cookies (in Chrome, use the "all time" time range). I understand that you've already done this with McAfee, but let's give it another try!
  • Try on another web browser, AND try within the browser's incognito mode (in Chrome, you can access this in File > New Incognito Window).
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date on the latest version (Chrome has instructions on how to find out if your browser is up to date here).
  • Try another device such as another computer or a cellphone.
  • Try another internet connection (example, switch to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi.)
  • Ensure there are no pop ups being blocked in the web browser. 

If the issue persists, please respond letting me know exactly which of the above steps you have tried. This will better help me understand where the issue is coming from.

I appreciate your cooperation and I'm looking forward to your update!

LetusNamaste
18 0 0

Julie-eeeeeeeeee

It worked by using the Bing browser. Haleluya  ---- jejejeje 🙂

And it does look like my Chrome needs to be updated. Even following the Chrome instructions there is some information missing, so I need to contact Chrome.

Excellent sleuthing.

Thank you-uuuuuuu 🙂

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

I'm so glad to hear that! 

Updating Chrome is fairly straightforward, since your browser will automatically update as soon as soon as you open the "About" screen for Chrome; once there, you don't need to do anything to start the updating process. WhatIsMyBrowser.com also has a set of instructions (including screenshots) on how to update Chrome here.

Hopefully this helps guide you in the right direction. Best of luck!

BlueChipEUC
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi , I see , I am not the only person who tries to speak to Shopify Support and of course they hide the phone number and or the call me back box why? Also how do I talk to these people as I am start to doubt the quality of this site/ service as a business I have to be re able but they do not it kinda reminds me of goggle as they do this as well ... leaving us to learn on are on (correct issues on our own)) stuff more sales to us or apps which automated to look through err !! Where is the person to personalize gone ... no support here and I've been here awhile not sure its money well used here .. if anyone can be trusted.. for simple technical help .. frustrating.. that said I how do I find answers on shopify platform to some issues I'm having thank you