Checkout URL ?skip_shopify_pay=true

Highlighted
1 0 4

Hi,

Is someone able to explain what this "?skip_shopify_pay=true" parameter means in a checkout URL? For example:

/checkout/contact_information?skip_shopify_pay=true

Visits to this page don't seem to be resulting in actual sales in Shopify (I see them in Google Analytics), but the Facebook pixel is tracking them as sales, so I'm trying to determine what exactly is happening for these users.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.38.54 AM.png

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, I see this problem too. Do you have some new information?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Im trying to figure out the same thing. Im doing some searching now. Ill come back if I find anything. Or if anyone else finds it first please post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Okay, got it. This is the reply from Shopify support:

Jon A:  

Oh I see, that is actually an abandoned sale, the reason for this is that Google considers a sale whenever the customer clicks on checkout or buy it now on the store.

Jon A:  

When they click on this, it registers it as a sale. however, when the customer leaves and does not continue on the checkout

Jon A:  

it does not remove the data and looks like a sale

Jon A:  

That is why sometimes you will see your data in Google show 5 sales but only get 4 legit sales.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm replying to this topic because I also see this in URL.

What I'm actually thinking it is and I'm 90% confident, it's when a visitor click on the Express checkout button on the product page.
Either Paypal, Apple Pay or Google Pay buttons for example.

Anyone can confirm?

1 Like
Highlighted

Yes, this is my observation as well

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Google Analytics shows /checkout/contact_information?skip_shopify_pay=true when someone clicks on "Buy Now" in Product page

0 Likes