Why isn't the checkout button working on my Shopify website?

Vermontree802
4 0 0

Hi there! 

I just set up a website, and already have a basic feature not working. After adding a product, the "Checkout" button doesn't work. Is someone able to help with this?

Thank you!

- AJ

www.wildlarkvt.com

Replies 5 (5)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

@Vermontree802 

It seems to work on my end. What exactly is not working?

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Vermontree802
4 0 0

It doesn't work after adding a product. The only way to move forward with the buying process seems to be by first clicking on the cart button at the top and then clicking "checkout".

So, for me and someone who's helping me, what works:

- Click cart icon at top, then click "Checkout"

What doesn't work:

- add product and then click buy it now subsequently

- add product, click on view cart, then click "checkout"

- click on cart icon at top, then click on view cart, then click "checkout"

I hope that helps. Thanks for checking!

- AJ

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

I see.

Are you using an app for that floating checkout button? By default all Shopify themes come working flawlessly out of the box, anything broken is coming from either added code and/or apps.

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Vermontree802
4 0 0

Yes, I have added two apps from Zapiet called "Delivery rates by distance" and "Store pickup + delivery", as well as "Customer Privacy Banner".

And one update: checking out worked for my wife, and did too for me in incognito mode as well as after deleting cache and cookies. HOWEVER, when going back to the website again, it again doesn't work. Apparently the website works fine when you initially go to it, but if you go back and add another product or re-enter the website, checking out stops working (except in the one manner that I describe before). I have reached out to Zapiet, but I'm sure I can benefit from other people's experience.

Thank you!

Kitty_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
78 1 3

Hi there, 

I have also just noticed this post, sorry it was so long ago. 

You mentioned that you contacted us directly too, hopefully we were able to assist you with this query.  

If you ever need any assistance, there is now a Support tab in the Store Pickup and Delivery app that will take to directly to our Live Chat facility for even faster assistance.  You can still email us at support@zapiet.com or call us on +44 20 4526 8806‬. 

Take care, 

Kitty