Why is my checkout button not functioning properly on Chrome?

roniidavies
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi everyone, so I just launched my online store this evening and I've been getting complaints about the checkout button not working. It seems to work fine on mobile and safari but it doesn't work on Chrome, whenever the checkout button is clicked it just takes you back to the cart.

Here's my website: www.onathebrand.com

Here's the password: ONATHEBRAND

HELP!!!

Replies 4 (4)

neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 30 40

Welcome to Shopify Community.

I just opened your website and added a product to the cart. The cart opened from the left side and I clicked on Checkout button.

It did take me to the checkout page. Are your users experiencing issues before this step or after?

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hey, @roniidavies!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thanks for posting! We actually recommend users to utilize the most up to date version of Google Chrome for the best experience with the Shopify software; however, your customers should be able to visit your website with any supported browser.

I personally only use Google Chrome with my desktop and, similarly to @neeravmakwana, I had no problem with reaching the checkout up until the redirection to the payment gateway.

21-02-ib1kf-hz67s.gif

Are your customers experiencing issues after the redirection, or are they unable to arrive at the checkout at all? Have you been able to replicate this issue on your end? If you are indeed able to replicate this issue, please attempt to clear your cache before attempting again. Should the issue persist, please provide us with a screen-recording of what you're experiencing. Once we have more information, it'll be easier to narrow down what the issue might be.

If for any reason we need to have our Technical Support Team take a closer look, you may need to get in touch with a Support Advisor so that we can authenticate and access your account. Please note that if you're reaching out to us through our contact page, you will need to first login.

Hope this helps! If there's anything I can clarify on the steps above, please let me know.

Cheers.

Protip: Check out our Feedback On My Store section of our Community Forums for support with improving your shop's user experience.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

alexandfamily
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having a similar issue. Only through Google Chrome, once the checkout button is pressed, you would be immediately redirected to a Error 404 page through a website known as "Groove.com" or "Groovepages". I have spoke with a representative with Groove concerning the issue, and they were trying to have me set up a username and password with Groove and/or Cloudflare. I have not heard of these sites that relate to Shopify, and I have paused all my campaigns and advertising so that none of my customers encounter this issue and not return to my page. Please Help!!! Here is the screen shot of the Error Page.Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 8.49.38 PM.png

REALVEGANLIFE
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever find out the issue with this? Some of my customers have been experiencing the same problem while using chrome and I cant find a solution or what is causing it anywhere.