Checkout process too long

2 0 0
Hi All

The checkout process is very long
How can I make it shorter?

For example in my store all shipping are FREE - there is no need to calculate it in the checkout. How can I skip this stage?

There are many steps -
1. Information
2. Shipping
3. Confirmation between the above and the payment
4. Payment

Too many steps and the progress bar in mobile is not clear enough in my opinion

What can I do?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
229 14 37

Hi, there. 

Ren here from the Shopify support team - thanks for your post. It's a great question! 

Overall, the checkout process cannot be shortened and this is due to security since customizations to this can run the risk of compromising the data and security of both merchant and customer. In order to understand why the checkout functions the way it does, I recommend reviewing our PCI compliance policy which goes into 6 categories of online shopping protection which is universal across the board on the Shopify platform.

Barring any technical issues, there are a few things you can try to improve the overall load time of your website in general. 

Often the way a theme is designed and the apps installed may affect how a page can load. To help improve this, consider some of these apps designed to optimize speed. 

There are also some great resources and blogs with tips to help you improve shop performance:

Finally, you mentioned a shipping calculator. Is this something that's a built-in feature of your theme? It could be possible to remove that code. Let me know if you're using a Shopify supported theme, otherwise you can reach out to your developer for some assistance with that. 

Let me know if you have any questions on the suggestions above. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 3 2

Switch to Magento (lol).

On a serious note though, every Shopify store is like that, so if your competitors are also using Shopify, you shouldn't be worrying.

All the best!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes