Is transferring domain to Shopify the solution for checkout issues?

ClochardDeluxe
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

We are having some issues with the checkout on the page, when clicking 'Checkout' we get 'Checkout currently unavailable'...

I'm pretty sure the reason behind this is that our SSL certificate is still pending, we just corrected some DNS settings because unfortunately we didn't buy our domain (www.clochard-deluxe.com) from shopify. 
We're planning to launch tomorrow so to wait 48 more hours while being uncertain the SSL will be ok is not a good option. Is transferring the domain to shopify a good option or will this take even longer?

Thanks in advance 

Replies 9 (9)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @ClochardDeluxe,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I've just taken a look at your store and I believe everything is good to go as I was unable to replicate the checkout query you mentioned. Here's an example of what I can see:

04-13-yihro-bpc7a.png

It looks like your domain's SSL certs have been issued as well so it's likely they just needed more time to adjust as you mentioned. 

Congrats on the store too - it looking great! Have you considered adding a shipping/returns page to the footer of your store to help with buyers trust? More info can be found here in Bo's forum post if you would like to take a look. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kindseams
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same problem, can you help me figure it out?

I cleared the cache and I still get the same "check out is currently unavailable due to technical issues"

My store is: kindseams.com

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.50.04 AM.png

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @kindseams,

Thanks for letting me know! I'm unable to replicate the error you're experiencing. Here is an example of what I can see: 

26-12-a2s1b-24m6l.png

If you use a different device such as your mobile phone, are you able to view the checkout? 

The pop-up message that you have shared in your screenshot is not a normal Shopify checkout error. Have you edited the theme's code lately or added an app that might be affecting the Add to Cart functionality? 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

faimiswer
4 0 0

Hey, I am having the same issue. Have sorted that out? 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @faimiswer

This is Rae from Shopify. I'm helping out my colleague Ted here, and I'm happy to take a closer look at the error you're receiving. 

So that I can lend a hand with this, can you please reply back to me with your store's URL? That way, I can test this out on my end to see if the error you mentioned appears for me, too.

Can you also please provide me with a screenshot of the error you're seeing? I do recommend ensuring any of your sensitive details are blocked out from this screenshot before sharing it here, though, as this will help protect your privacy. 

I hope to hear back from you with this information soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

faimiswer
4 0 0

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 2.44.56 AM.png

Hey, thank you for your response. Here's the screenshot. I am currently on 'pause and build' plan. I was also thinking that should be a reason. I don't know. Kindly confirm. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @faimiswer

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. 

When using the Pause and Build plan, the checkout on your site will be disabled. This plan allows merchants to access their Shopify admin, and view their storefront, but customers won't be able to checkout. We've shared more details on this in this help document

With that information in mind, you're likely seeing this error due to the plan you're using. However, this specific error can also appear when a store has their password page enabled and a checkout using Google Pay is attempted. Were you trying to test your checkout using Google Pay when you received this error on your end?

In the meantime though, I'd love to hear more about the changes you're making to your site while on the Pause and Build plan. When you're ready to officially launch your store, I also recommend working through our store launch checklist to make sure all the correct settings are in place on your site.

Cheers, 

faimiswer
4 0 0

Great! Thank you for your assistance Rae. Appreciate suggesting to check the check-lists. I am about to lunch my store but not sure if everything is perfectly placed. Do you recommend hiring an expert? 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @faimiswer

You're welcome! I'm excited to hear you're launching your store soon. 

Working through the store launch checklist is a great way to make sure the settings on your store are all correct.

However, visiting your site as if you're a customer and placing a test order is also a good idea, as this will help confirm that the checkout process is working as expected on your site. Having a friend, or family member, work through the process of placing an order can also be really helpful, as they should be able to point out any troubles they encounter. 

Shopify Experts are typically hired to build or customize specific aspects of a site, but they may also be willing to check your site over to ensure it's working correctly. You can look over some of the Experts who may be able to help with this here.

With that information in mind though, if you've completed the checklist, placed a test order, and had someone else place an order, and if the site works correctly during those tests, you may not need to take the extra step of hiring an Expert for this. This blog post also shares some tips on the best times to hire an Expert, so I recommend checking that out for more information. 

If you run into any troubles with your site during the test orders or otherwise, feel free to let me know and I can help take a closer look before we determine if hiring an Expert is necessary. 

Please keep me posted!