Checkout without a PayPal account ( Debit | Credit card )

King-Kang
Excursionist
38 3 10

Hi,

I need some help with the Debit or Credit card payment option without a PayPal account.

I already checked the Debit or Credit card payment option without a PayPal account check box in PayPal website preferences, but it still doesn't show it in my website checkout Payment tab.

Can you help me?

Thank you

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2223 225 467

Hey, @King-Kang!

Are you using Paypal Express? If yes, then the customer would be redirected to Paypal to complete the transaction as the payment option does not directly appear in the Shopify checkout. If the option is not appearing when you are redirected to Paypal, then this may be due to country restrictions (some countries are ineligible for certain features) or the Paypal account does not fully support this feature. In either case, you will want to reach out to Paypal support for further troubleshooting assistance. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

King-Kang
Excursionist
38 3 10
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2223 225 467

@King-Kang 

Thank you for the context. What you are trying to achieve would not be possible I'm afraid. We restrict access to editing the checkout process unless the store is on the Plus platform. Your customers will need to use the debit/credit option as it appears on Paypals' end when they are redirected. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog