Chrome Inspect theme location

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me locate where this inspect section would be in my "edit code" section on shopify. For some reason I can't change it from the theme colour customisation section so I  have to constantly look in the edit code areas.

help needed.png

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1348 0 0

In general from the Shopify themes I've worked on, you can usually find the section name from the class name from a parent element. Here's an example:

<div class="shopify-section header-section">
    <nav>
        <!-- menu links -->
    </nav>
</div>

So in this instance you'd go to sections/header.liquid in the theme code. If you see any statements like this it means there's a file in the snippets folder that gets inserted into that page when it loads on the front end site:

{% include 'some-snippet' %}

It's hard to say exactly which file it is since these are different for most themes, are you willing to share the URL?

Also, it's an option to extend your theme so if you ever need help adding options for colors, etc. a developer is well able to add those for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

@Anonymous thank you for replying, I will have a look also what do you mean when you say share my url? https://www.viixciv.com is the domain name for now if that's what you mean?

Thanks again,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1348 0 0

@dwayte In the 'Edit Code' section, there may be a file called "mobile-navigation.liquid" but if there isn't you can download your theme file and search the files for "mobile-navigation" and see which files come up. It's difficult to guess without knowing what is there but this is usually my method for finding things as well.

0 Likes