Clickable Slideshow [Debut]

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

@Elias I'm looking for some help. I'd like to make a slideshow clickable with the URL link taking users to a collection page. The code suggestions I have seen posted in other threads within the community doesn't seem to work for my theme (debut). I'm not sure if I have theme support as part of my plan?

Can you help?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
349 40 38

Hey, @tUPApparel.

Thank you for reaching out on the thread. I’m afraid there isn’t an easy solution to this as this level of theme customization requires advanced coding knowledge. However, if your online store is using a Shopify theme and subscribed to a plan, this is something that our Theme Support team can help explore for your theme. After I send this request to our Theme Support, I can update you with a support ticket. 

That said, if you’re using a third-party theme, this does fall outside the scope of support with our Theme Support as we are not familiar with the third-party coding. Nonetheless, if you have limited knowledge with HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, I recommend hiring a developer or working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and will be able to help customize your theme with this function.

Before we move ahead with the customization request, could I get your store’s Shopify URL (.myshopify.com)? And, just to confirm, are you also using the Debut theme? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey, we have the same issue at our store "Jwlsupply.myshopify.com". We want the whole slideshow image to link to a product page instead of the small button. We are using the Debut Theme and are subscribed to a plan. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
349 40 38

Hey, @AlexanderDuus.

Thank you for reaching out in this thread and I'd be happy to send a customization request up for you. I was able to locate your store and  I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to it. After that, I can forward this request to our Theme Support team right away.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 2

Hello,

I have the same request for my store->  group-bazaar.myshopify.com

I basically want to treat the slideshow as a set of full width clickable banners without the need for some overlay button/text etc.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
349 40 38

Hey, @ngoenka.

Elias here from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

I understand you'd like to make the entire slideshow clickable and you don't need the overlay for buttons or text fields. That being said, I've sent an authentication email at ticket #16635222 to your inbox. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to confirm. That way, I can help forward this request to our Theme Support team. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ellias,

I also would like to get the entire slideshow clickable, please assist me with https://sweethometoday.myshopify.com/ 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 0

God bless you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi Elias, yes using the Debut theme. The store is t-up-apparel.myshopify.com (tupapparel.com).

I can applied the code if someone has it. Just want to make the entire slide show image clickable.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
324 27 39

@lyonia89 , @tUPApparel 

Still, you are facing issue with slideshow then please let me know because it required coding skills to perform a task if you do anything by yourself then you will break theme code and functionality. If you are on Free themes like the debut, Brooklyn, etc. then you can contact Shopify support directly through mail or chat they will assist you with your query but in the paid theme, you need to contact theme developer or Shopify expert like me.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

Shopify Expert | Shopify Partners
Email: akshayvaghasiya84@gmail.com
 - Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me .
1 Like