Clickable Slideshow [Debut]

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks @Elias I did put in a support request 4 days ago and they said they would look at it and I would be contacted but I haven't heard anything back. If you could please check up on that or send them a request, that would be great. I'm waiting on that feature so I can promote my site. 

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Elias, 

I have the same request. Could you please help me make the slideshow image clickable on my Debut theme.

https://mailworks.myshopify.com/

Thanks,

Melanie

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello

Go to Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Sections->hero.liquid
Add this schema:

{
          "type": "url",
          "id": "image_link",
          "label": "Image link"
        },

This will give you backend setting to add link to that image.

Search this code:

<div class="hero__inner">
        <div class="page-width text-center">          {%- if section.settings.title != blank -%}
            <h2 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h2>          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if section.settings.text != blank -%}
            <div class="rte-setting mega-subtitle{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-subtitle--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.text }}</div>          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if section.settings.button_label != blank and section.settings.button_link != blank -%}
            <a href="{{ section.settings.button_link }}" class="btn hero__btn">              {{ section.settings.button_label | escape }}
            </a>          {%- endif -%}

</div>
      </div>

Replace this code with :

<a href="{{ section.settings.image_link }}">
      <div class="hero__inner">
        <div class="page-width text-center">          {%- if section.settings.title != blank -%}
            <h2 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h2>          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if section.settings.text != blank -%}
            <div class="rte-setting mega-subtitle{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-subtitle--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.text }}</div>          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if section.settings.button_label != blank and section.settings.button_link != blank -%}
            <a href="{{ section.settings.button_link }}" class="btn hero__btn">              {{ section.settings.button_label | escape }}
            </a>          {%- endif -%}

</div>
      </div>
      </a>

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi elias I too would like the slidehows to be clickable pls help me out -debut theme - current user on a Plan

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for sending, I have tried this and it is not working with Debut. I've included screenshots below for verification.

I also tried the alternative method I saw in the video of this thread, which did create the area where I could add the link to the image, however when I actually link it I get a lengthy error so I had removed that one. 

Please help, we really want to launch and I've spent a lot of time messing with this. 

Screenshot 2020-05-04 06.47.50.pngScreenshot 2020-05-04 06.48.13.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Same here the video didn’t work , got an error 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

hey @oscprofessional , I have tried to use this method on my debut but unfortunately y this method is not working for me. I have also tried to use the method in the video posted in the thread which actually adds the image link button to my theme customization but when I upload the image, some error is shown and the image is removed.

Kindly help me with this ASAP!

Thanks 

Faizan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
349 40 38

Hey, @Cocozou

I've located your store and it looks like the customization request is still underway. Nonetheless, I'd be happy to expedite another customization request on your behalf. I've sent an authentication email to your inbox, please check your inbox and reply to it so I can confirm the request. Thank you!

Hey, @Melanie419, & @sachinwayanaka.

Thank you both for joining this thread! 

I'm happy to help send a customization request to our Theme Support. I've sent an authentication email to each of your inboxes. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the email on file and reply to it. If there are any additional details you'd like to share, simply let me know when you confirm in the email. After that, I'll be able to forward them to our Theme Support team. Thanks!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I have replied 

thanks 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

hello @Elias 

I have tried to use this method on my debut but unfortunately is not working. 

I would like to have the slideshow clickable since the button layout is really bad, when you change devices.

It would be great if this could be an included feature in all your themes, since it's so widely used.

Do you think you can help me out with this?

Thanks 

0 Likes