Clickable Upper Categorys

Solved
Rudi_Ruehl
Tourist
11 1 0

Hello community,

i just created a category in my shopify store. After that, i added 6 more subcategroys. If you are on my homepage an you klick on the Sub Categroy, the page of it is not opening. There are only the subcategorys shown, which you can choose.

But I want a page, that opens when you click on the Upper-Category. Also the sub-categorys should be shown, when you unfold the Upper-Category.

-Thanks and greetings

0 Likes

Hi @Rudi_Ruehl ,

normally it does work as you expect it, so probably something got wrong. Can you name the theme you are using or provide a link to your shop?

Regards
Thomas

• War meine Antwort hilfreich? Hinterlasse bitte ein Like.
• Hat meine Antwort Dein Problem gelöst? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
0 Likes
Rudi_Ruehl
Tourist
11 1 0

Hello tewe, 

thanks for your answer. I am using the "debut" theme. Here is a link to my shop: Shirt Island 

Greetings, Rudi

0 Likes

Hi @Rudi_Ruehl ,

it is a wild guess but maybe you did assign a custom collection to the menu entries for the upper categories which are now empty.  So make sure that the link in your menu item points to a collection which actually contains some products.

tewe_0-1613996916591.png

I had a similar situation when I was using custom collections and later updated my test shop with the effect that the custom collection were empty. Using smart collections in respect to tags or other attributes is most of the time the way to go.

Regards
Thomas

0 Likes
Rudi_Ruehl
Tourist
11 1 0

Good Morning Thomas,

first of all, thanks for your engagement. I did put, like you suggested, a few products in the sub-category and also in the upper category. But still, if i click on the upper one it only folds out the sub categorys i created. Very unfortunate. 

Maybe it is just not possible, that i have an upper category, which leads you to another page, but still allows you to unfold the sub-categroys. 

I created a video with a link, to visualize my problem: (1) Problem with shopify - YouTube

- thanks for your effort friend.

Greetings from Berlin

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Rudi,

I had a second look and noticed that your theme is Simple not Debut. If I switch to Simple with my test store I observe the same behavior as you do - it is the build-in behavior, Debut is programmed differently here. Changing this behavior for the theme Simple is possible but would require programming and testing.

Regards from Heidelberg
Thomas

0 Likes
Rudi_Ruehl
Tourist
11 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hallo Thomas,

ich wusste gar nicht, dass du aus Deutschland bist. Hoffe wir können ab jetzt auf deutsch weiter texten

Danke für deine Antwort. Finde es schade, dass das nicht zulässig ist mit diesem Theme. Gibt es denn die Möglichkeit, das man eine Seite für die Oberkategorie aufrufen kann, wenn man ein anderes Theme verwendet ?

Viele Grüße

0 Likes