Client wants balloon popping animation on click.

Solved
threed
Explorer
60 9 16

Hi, you may have seen me post in this board before and know I know pretty much nothing about JavaScript. I'm really thankful that you can be patient with me.

I'm mostly just a static visual designer, but my manager needs me to pivot my design and animate it-- they want upwards-floating balloons that pop when clicked. I'm imagining this can be done, but I'll need JavaScript, and my knowledge on that is dismal if anything.

Here's what I am guessing I'll need:

1. Images of balloons in varying colors with our logo on it. I've already got that covered.

2. The ability for balloons to "pop" when clicked. I can animate this in a GIF, but I don't know how to execute this on-page.

3. The ability for balloons to float upwards. I also unfortunately don't know how to execute this either.

Can anyone offer any advice for me on how to do this? I really appreciate you all for being helpful with my gaps in knowledge. Thanks!

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)
0 Likes
threed
Explorer
60 9 16

This is an accepted solution.

If anyone is interested in the reply, I couldn't figure it out so we settled-- I plugged in floating.js by the excellent Haroen V. and modified the settings a tiny bit.

GitHub page is here: https://github.com/Haroenv/floating.js/ 

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)
0 Likes