Closing store or adding subdomains

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have had some trouble getting any sales with my Shopify store and have put it on pause. 

I am wanting to introduce another product line ( I currently have a shop with baby accessories and matching familywear, but would like to add some electronic products too) and I am not sure of the best way to handle this. 

Can I open a second shopify store?  Or use a subdomain or something to list new product line on my current site? Or should I just close my current store alltogether and open a new one?  I am not sure how to best handle this if my different potential product lines are not really related at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1386 162 252

You can take either path. If you just want to evaluate your new line of products, I'd suggest you using the same store (assuming your domain name is generic, if not you might want to buy another domain so it reflects the new line of products). Just make sure your baby accessories and family wear products are unpublished, add your new products, publish them and see how it goes.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

so I cannot buy a second shopify store, but could purchase a new domain name to lead to the new product line on my current store?  My store name is directly related to my first product line so maybe I should change it to something more generic...Is that a possibility?  I am relatively new at this and struggling to make it work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1386 162 252

You can definitely buy another store, but I don't see a reason for that for now. You just need a different domain, choose a generic one, so you can easily pivot as you are trying things without the need to update the domain or open other stores and link it to the store you already have.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
How would I go about purchasing a new domain? And then update?

TIA! I appreciate the help!
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 2

Check the documentation https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains 

You just need to buy a new domain and then make it primary.

0 Likes