Coding help

HouseOfTheories
1 0 0

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone could help us with a complicated coding issue on our site. We're selling a product where we currently have the 'material' in the product description but we want to change this. We'd like to have the product 'material' as a drop down on the product page with a drop down of two options. Option 1 CLEAR SHOCKPROOF TPU and option 2 CLEAR TPU.   
The only issue is that on option 1 CLEAR SHOCKPROOF TPU it comes with a choice of 3 'bumper colours' whereas option 2 CLEAR TPU doesn't have a 'bumper colour'. Does anyone know how to have a drop down where if someone clicks on the 'material' option 2 CLEAR TPU the 'bumper colour' tab can disappear on the same product page, and if they click on 'material' option 1 CLEAR SHOCKPROOF TPU' the 'bumper colour' options are visible?

Thanks  

0 Likes

Hello,

It would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge to implement this feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll likely want to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes