Collections aren't showing in bulk edit

sidel
7 0 0

I am trying to add some products in bulk to specific collections, yet when I click to add them in bulk to a collections page the only thing that shows up is "Homepage" I have created multiple collections but they aren't showing up here. Why?

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 131

Hey @sidel!

Ava here from Shopify.

Could you walk me through the steps you are taking when you are trying to add products in bulk to collections? If you go to Product > Collections > Select all Collections > Edit, you will only be able to see which sales channels are available or add in some SEO work as below:

28-48-urtri-ybr5m

If you have set up manual collections and want to add tags, etc to the products so they will be pulled into the correct collection, you will need to go to Products > Select all products > Edit products and make sure the Tags field has been selected from 'all fields'.

If you let me know in more detail how you are trying to bulk add products, I'll have more context on how to help you out.

Speak soon!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sidel
7 0 0

@Ava 

as you can see below. this is what I am trying to do.

belts.pngcollections.png

0 Likes
sidel
7 0 0

I am trying to add 50 items to the same collection. The collections are not showing up. 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 131

Oh, perfect! Thanks so much for the screenshots, I can see what you mean now. 

Can I ask, are all your collections automatic or are they manual? Automatic collections work by following set rules, such as only adding products with a certain tag/title/inventory. It is not possible to add products manually to an automatic collection, and it is also not possible to switch an automatic collection to a manual one, and vice versa. So if all of your collections are automatic, then they will not show up on the search option when you try to manually add products. For example on my test store here, these are some manual and automatic collections - 

28-01-o192s-xcza9

The 'Newest Products' and 'sale' collections do not show up on the search when I go to add the products manually, whereas 'sale 2' and 'test' do appear:

28-09-hwj20-jy00s

Can you double-check to see if your collections are manual or automatic? Just to see if this is the issue.

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
sidel
7 0 0

@Ava 

They are automatic. 

So then, If I make manual ones. Bulk edit my items to specific manual collections, I then can not bulk edit tags and have the collections automatically pull from those tags? I want to bulk add items to collections, bulk add tags to items, then edit the collections in the "equal to" area and have them pull items that have specific tags into that collection

Are you saying that isn't possible? Cause if so, with 3,000 items that is going to be a task that I really don't want to have to perform. I have quiet a few items that all fall under specific tags and I want those to also fall within specific collections. Is that possible?

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 131

So sorry for the delayed response here, @sidel!

If you wanted to bulk edit the tags on your collections, you can go to Products > Select All > Add a Field and then add the tag field. Here, you can bulk edit the tags on your products. We also have a range of edit apps available here! Would either of those options work for you? 

Let me know what you think!

Ava

0 Likes
natashadisante
Shopify Partner
39 0 1

Hi @sidel ,

If you are still looking for a solution take a look at how you can bulk edit your product's collections using Mixtable's Excel-like spreadsheet interface.

0 Likes