Collections not letting select conditions

Highlighted
Excursionist
15 2 1

When I add a collection set to automated and select Product Tag the condition dropdown only lets me select "is equal to" all the other items are grayed out and unselectable. I need to choose "is not equal" Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 11 17

Hey, @kemmieg 

When it comes to the product tag you are only able to select 'is equal to'. This is the indended behavior of the system. This is because product tags are analyzed as a whole. So conditions such as "contains, greater than, etc" are not applicable to this condition type. This also goes for the condition "is not equal to".

Perhaps you can expand a bit further on exactly what you are trying to filter in/out of your collections so I can suggest a conditions setup that will work for you! 

For example: Let's say you were selling Jeans and offered them in sizes (S, M, L) and color (Red, Blue, Green). Now let's say you wanted to create a collection that only shows your Red Jeans that come in a size small. What you can do is create a collection condition that is set to meet 'All Conditions' instead of 'Any Condition'. Then you can create two Product Tag conditions. One for 'red' and one for 'small'. Then you would tag the products that you want in this collection with a 'small' and 'red' tag. This would create a collection that shows just red jeans that are small. Without the need for a 'does not equal' condition.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes