Compromised account login

DPBrown
5 0 0

My Shopify account was compromised yesterday.  I was still able to login and a request a phone call from support.  Shopify support locked my account so no payment would be made (the hacker changed the bank account info my payments go to).  I had an e-mail from Shopify this morning that I needed to click on a link to upload photos of my driver's license to confirm my ID.  I am not comfortable with doing that until I talk to someone at Shopify.  The problem is now I am locked out of support so I cannot request a call back from the support team.   Anybody have any suggestions on how to get support to call me?  Very frustrating not being able to pick up the phone a call into support myself.

Thanks
Ben

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 79

Hi, @DPBrown !

Sorry to hear you're in such a tough situation. I'd be happy to look into this with you and can confirm that we would be reaching out to you via email after escalating an issue like this to our account integrity team. I've sent an email to the email address you have listed on the Shopify Community so we can get you authenticated and take a closer look into this together.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
DPBrown
5 0 0

Please do not use the g-mail address that may or may not be still linked to my account. That is NOT my e-mail address and was added to my account by whoever hacked us.

0 Likes
DPBrown
5 0 0

Oliver,
I did not get the e-mail you sent.  Please confirm you e-mailed to ben@dpbrown.com.  The g-mail address is fake and not mine.  Please either e-mail or call me ASAP as I need to get this resolved right away.

Thanks,
Ben

0 Likes
DPBrown
5 0 0

Oliver or anyone else in Shopify account support,

I NEED help!!! I have not been able to access my store for 2 days.  I need someone to call me ASAP.  I cannot log in so I cannot request a call back. 

Thanks,
Ben

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 79

Hi, @DPBrown !

I did indeed send the email to ben@dpbrown.com. Please ensure Shopify's support email address has been whitelisted with your email service provider and then we can try to issue the email again here. Due to the nature of the support you're requesting I would probably recommend reaching out to our support team directly as we'll be able to look into this with you more quickly that way. Since you may not be able to log in, you'll just need to click the continue without logging in option from the support page. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if you'd prefer to continue working through this with me here. 

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes