Confirmation emails not received (Gmail)

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am a customer trying to sign up to a "Powered by Shopify" shop, but confirmation emails are not received. I have contacted their support who told me it was a Shopify problem and to ask here.

I have tried multiple domains for the emails I use for signing up (*@gmail.com, *@yahoo.com, *@hotmail.com, ...), but the Gmail addresses cannot receive the confirmation emails (the others are ok, but I don't use them as my primary email).

I have made sure the entered email address is correct and that the confirmation email is not in the inbox nor spam. I have also tried signing up again after adding the email address I should receive the confirmation email from to Gmail Contacts.

My question is: how can I make sure the issue is or is not from the people who set up the email sending? How can I check the SPF, DKIM and other records are correctly set up for a particular shop?

Posts on adding domain records:

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

The edit button is gone, so here's an update:

• I have checked the trash folder and using the Gmail search. Still no confirmation email
  • I have checked the SPF records of the domain and it looks like it has the correct record: "v=spf1 include:mail.theirdomain.com a:zgateway.zuora.com -all"
  • MX Toolbox reports no errors
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

The -all is using a minus sign not the ~ symbol but it should still work

0 Likes