Solved

Connecting Hostgator parked Domain with Shopify

SidAryan
Tourist
5 0 1

Good day everyone,
Pardon me but I am newbie to this world, so understand just the mere basics.

The issue is that I need to use a domain parked on Hostgator with Shopify and i found a link online which i wanted to share
and know if anyone else tried this way and if yes, are there any related issues to it. 

https://jameswafu.com/domain/connect-hostgator-to-shopify/

thanks much

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SidAryan!

Thanks for reaching out to find out more about how to connect your HostGator domain to your Shopify store. I'm happy to help clarify this process for you!

You have two options when using a third party domain on Shopify: you can either connect the domain to your Shopify store through your third party DNS settings, or you can transfer the domain completely to Shopify, so that Shopify hosts the domain. I'll explain both options so you can decide which is best for your business.

The first option, which is outlined in the third party help article you shared, is to connect your third party domain to Shopify - to do this, follow our help article linked here which outlines the steps in full. You will need to edit your DNS settings on your HostGator account to point your domain to Shopify, ensuring that:

• Your A record points to 23.227.38.65.
  • Your CNAME record points to shops.myshopify.com.

If you need help making changes to your DNS settings on your HostGator account, I recommend reaching out to HostGator directly and providing them with these steps.  

Once you have done this, you will need to verify the connection in your Shopify admin to confirm that your domain has been connected to your store.

Alternatively, after you have owned your domain for at least 60 days, you can transfer the domain to Shopify and connect it to your store. This way, Shopify will host the domain, and our Support team can assist with any DNS changes or troubleshooting. To do this, just follow the steps outlined in this help article linked here. 

Let me know if you have any questions about either of these options and I'll be happy to continue helping out!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SidAryan!

Thanks for reaching out to find out more about how to connect your HostGator domain to your Shopify store. I'm happy to help clarify this process for you!

You have two options when using a third party domain on Shopify: you can either connect the domain to your Shopify store through your third party DNS settings, or you can transfer the domain completely to Shopify, so that Shopify hosts the domain. I'll explain both options so you can decide which is best for your business.

The first option, which is outlined in the third party help article you shared, is to connect your third party domain to Shopify - to do this, follow our help article linked here which outlines the steps in full. You will need to edit your DNS settings on your HostGator account to point your domain to Shopify, ensuring that:

• Your A record points to 23.227.38.65.
  • Your CNAME record points to shops.myshopify.com.

If you need help making changes to your DNS settings on your HostGator account, I recommend reaching out to HostGator directly and providing them with these steps.  

Once you have done this, you will need to verify the connection in your Shopify admin to confirm that your domain has been connected to your store.

Alternatively, after you have owned your domain for at least 60 days, you can transfer the domain to Shopify and connect it to your store. This way, Shopify will host the domain, and our Support team can assist with any DNS changes or troubleshooting. To do this, just follow the steps outlined in this help article linked here. 

Let me know if you have any questions about either of these options and I'll be happy to continue helping out!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SidAryan
Tourist
5 0 1

Good day Hilary,
Very kind of you to have spared the time. This really helps. 

Regards
Sid