Conversion Rate not reporting correctly

jonaswind
4 0 0

For some reason, the conversion rate side of Shopify Analytics does not seem to work properly anymore.

Can someone help?

You can see that there were 210 vistors to my store wwww.morugacacao.com yesterday & 5 purchases - so CR should be 2,38% (def. not 0%)

Also, I am experiencing problems with Google Ads & FB ads due to underreported conversions. Google Ads showed 0 conversions over 30 days & 200€ spent - which makes no sense in my niche. In this niche, we have a great offering & SEO traffic converts beautifully. For some of the keywords, we rank #1 organically.

Facebook the same - customers show "no conversion details" when we can clearly see a correlation between increasing ad spent & receiving more traffic and hence more sales.

🙏

Jonas

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-26 um 17.54.31.png

Replies 3 (3)

KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 116

I would start by looking at what is happening in the /checkout/xyz/thank-you page that's usually where conversion events fire from including Shopify web analytics, google anlaytics and Google ads etc. 

Are you using a 3rd party checkout or something?

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
jonaswind
4 0 0
Thank you for your answer!

I am not using any 3rd party checkout. The only thing I did in the past was using Apps for “Discount in cart”, “Automatic Discounts”, “Comment after Checkout” etc.

Can it be that one of them f*cked up the checkout and still has code in their, although I de-installed all of them?

How would I be able to check?

All the best,

Jonas
KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 116

Are you on Shopify+ could have some custom checkout.liquid stuff happening or otherwise what scripts are getting added post-checkout in Settings? 

Figuring out exactly if and where the analytics data flow is breaking is not always straightforward to diagnose, and even harder via forums. I would suggest getting a dev to get into your site debug, diagnose and fix. 

However, seeing as it affects Shopify Analytics data as well,  you could try a ticket up to Shopify support and keep pushing to escalate and hopefully get someone technical to have a go.

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.