Couple of coding questions

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello!

Im new to Shopify and starting up a small airplane model business.  I have a pretty good understanding of code - not so much liquid specifically- but have worked a lot with html, css, and php/MySQL in the past.  

I use the Retina theme for my site and I’ve hit a few major snags I’ve been working tirelessly trying to solve:

1st issue:

I have setup a number of featured collections on my homepage, and I have set the max number to display at 6 in each featured collection. I am trying to add a “View All” link to correspond to each collection as there will obviously be more than 6 in each collection. I have tried a few things from reference in other forum posts, but it doesn’t seem to relate specifically to Retina. I know I need to edit collections.liquid and add it in - just can’t seem to code it correctly.  See picture below:

99A0CD63-6A78-4814-B5EC-D1FDAB76FA3E.jpeg

2nd issue:

I’ve also been playing around with trying to set my website’s max site width to 1800px in the laptop, tablet, and desktop platforms.  Mobile is not an issue.  I don’t like how the site spans the whole screen on the laptop, tablet, and desktop.  I played around in the massive css file with no luck at defining any of the variables.  I’m guessing it is one of the 500 width=100% variables that needs to change. 😀

Any help greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 0 0

I think I solved my linking problem. I just did a standard html command <a href={{% collections.url %}}>View All</a>.

0 Likes