Create a collection based on the availability of a product at ONE SPECIFIC LOCATION

Julie00
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

Is it possible to create a collection based on the availability of a product at ONE SPECIFIC location? (not both locations total quantity) 

Also, if this products has several variants, some available at this specific location, but some NOT available at this specific location, is it possible to only show the available variants in the collection? 😕

Thank you in advance for your help

Julie

Replies 6 (6)

Sbaum
Tourist
3 0 2

OMG! I have the same issue, this should be an option when building a collection!

Julie00
Tourist
7 0 1

After discussing the matter for hours with Shopify support and trying many many (many) workarounds with paid apps etc: trust me, there is no solution at all. Don't lose your time trying!

The only solution would be to move to another platform like wordpress to have more freedom regarding multi-location management/shipment, checkout, collections... depending how big your store is, it might be worth it (personally it's not for me yet)

Good luck!

tim
Shopify Expert
3303 246 1192

Julie, not that I have a working solution, 

but this may be an option:

1) Use an app to tag your products based on their availability at each location: this is one way to do it (may be other apps can too)

2) Filter your collections based on these tags or add this tag as condition to automatic collections

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
Julie00
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for your help. I tried this already but it only works with one variant products.

If we have several variants (let's say S M and L) and only the M size is in stock, all the variants will still appear available in the collection. So it will mislead the client who will think all the sizes are available at this specific location.

tim
Shopify Expert
3303 246 1192

Well, that's that's I guess inherent problem with variants -- collections are made of products, but you want to track collection membership by variant availability. 

Promote each variant to a separate product and you're fine with tracking availability. With some effort, can re-combine these variant products into one "meta-product" on product page...

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.

JAYVICTOR
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there Julie, quick fix here I've found in the native Shopify system,

1. Go to Inventory and filter by location

2. Export products from that location to csv

3. Edit CSV and add a specific high inventory number at that location e.g. 1000001 

4. Next... Create a collection , automated , stock level over 1000000

There you go , you have a collection that has all the stock only at that one location. 

Just remember to reupload the original stock level once you have tagged your new auto collection contents. 

Hope that makes sense.