Create a custom landing page for registration and login, which redirects to the normal homepage

Highlighted
6 0 0

I'm pretty new to using Shopify, but I didn't see a way to do this from searching around.

What I want to do is have a custom landing page that unregistered and un-logged in users land on when going to the site. On this page, I want to display some information, as well as have register/sign-in abilities. I'd like this page to be separate from the store's home page, so no products are seen (I've tried makings rules with Locksmith but it doesn't cooperate well with the design of the site). Once logged in, they're redirected to the normal home page of the site.

Is there a way to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Never mind, I think I figured it out

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are facing the same issue. Do you mind share how you solved the it with LockSmith?

0 Likes
6 0 0

So I ended up omitting Locksmith entirely and added some code on theme.liquid to make it work. So how it works is whenever someone goes to the site's homepage, they're redirected to the checkout page which requires a customer account. So from there, they either login, or register an account. Once they login/register, they're redirected back to the site's homepage. 

I believe this tutorial did exactly what I needed. It's very easy to follow. In terms of adding information on their login page, I just made a small picture in Photoshop displaying some crucial information about our service, and added it to customers/login.liquid

The only issue is that a customer only needs to register to access the site, and needs no approval. This works for me and my site, as it's not huge traffic as of right now, and the only people with links to it are people that I have sent the links to.

In the future though, I've set it up in a way that I could still use Locksmith. Essentially, I added a condition within the Locksmith app that the storefront is only available if the customer is tagged with "Approved." Doing it this way means a customer needs to register an account, but can still only access the storefront if you manually go to their customer account on Shopify and tag them with "Approved." I believe this will work if and when I deploy Locksmith, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes