Create a review section for the site itself (not product reviews)

Solved
Excursionist
15 2 1

Hi, I am relatively new to Shopify and how it works (especially liquid) so bear with me. 

I want to create a section on the homepage that can serve as a generalized review section for my store. I already have the product reviews installed on my site but I want another section where people can leave reviews about things too general to be put on any particular product and then I would like it to randomly scroll through reviews it has received. 

I have tried looking for tutorials on how to do it online but all that turns up is the generic shopify product reviews. 

It would be great if someone could teach me how to do it? Please & Thank you. 

0 Likes
Tourist
10 1 4

Hi GiftsABliss,

Anna here from HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A.

We have something we call a Review Journal Page. Currently this is a dedicated feature to display all product reviews on one page, but in the next few months we'll be launching our site/business reviews feature which will also allow you to show these on the same page.

The Review Journal is very easy to setup, you just create a new blank page and then just paste 2 small code snippets into the page. One between the <head> tags and the other between the <body> tags.

You get all of our 6 display widgets in total including a sidebar widget and carousel. If you have more than 2,000 followers on Facebook (their rules not ours), then you can also use our free Facebook Tab to display all your product reviews on your FB page. We also have 2 different themes - light and dark. All of our premium features are standard in all plans, including our free plan.

Here's a link to our demo site Review Journal page. You can also see the sidebar widget in action on the page as well.

Here's a link to our knowledgebase and also instructions of how to insert into a website.

If you need a hand migrating and importing your existing reviews, we'd be more than happy to help get you set up and review migrated.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Anna | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

Hope this helps

2 Likes
Excursionist
15 2 1

Anna, is there a way to make it appear on the Homepage itself?

Regards, 

Ethan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
10 1 4

Hey Ethan,

So you could use either these 3 options:

1. Review journal - you could potentially insert the snippet into a specific area or container anywhere on the home page and it should resize.

2. Sidebar widget - to discretely make reviews available, regardless of visitor location on page

3. Review slider - to show a carousel of reviews in a specific location, say above the footer on the home page

You can see all of these three features in action on our HelpfulCrowd demo page.

Hope this helps!

Anna

1 Like
Excursionist
15 2 1

Thank you very much Anna

This really helps

Regards, 

Ethan

0 Likes