Creating an app to only allow checkout if postal code / zipcode is valid (from a local database)

6 0 0

Hello everyone,

Just started reading the documentation on shopify developers and quickly got overwhelmed by so much information and options that are available.

My goal is to create a step on the checkout process where only delivery addresses with a specific postal code / zipcode can be completed. 
I already looked into available apps, but a lot of them lock the "add to cart" option but the user can always change the address on checkout so it's no good. Also being a developer, I would like to learn more and implement this myself.

Now the question is:
- Where to start? What is the API or solution that shopify give us so I can try and create something to achieve this goal?
I don't want to create a whole storefront and checkout just for this since i woud like to continue to use the themes aspect of shopify.

Could any1 point me in the right direction? 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hey Mate. 

You can't really interact with the checkout screen or process unless you're a Shopify Plus merchant.
My first guess would be you could do it by restricting Shipping regions. That would be the easiest way I reckon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 358

https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/carrierservice?api[versio...

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes