Custom Text Box Message not showing on order page?

Solved
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi, So I'm a jewelry retailer (Paradisecovejewelers.com) and we are ready to launch a new jewelry line that allows customers to order necklaces with their name on them. To do so, we require each customer to give us their name so that we can customize the product accordingly. 

I followed this Shopify text box message instructional guide,(https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...)

and I successfully integrated it onto my website. https://paradisecovejewelers.com/products/personalized-classic-name-necklace

Unfortunately when I did a test order with the text box filled out, the message never got to my unfuffiled order page on my Shopify side. I'm not sure exactly why that is as I followed everything in the manual. To be exact, I'd like to be able to have customers write the text and then it appears on my site when I fufill the order. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 5 10

Hi Larry,

The input text box where the user enters the information is outside the form. Can you please put it inside the form & see if you still have the issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi, 

I just did that, however, unfortunately i'm still having the same issue :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 5 10

Larry,

I don't see it here - https://paradisecovejewelers.com/products/personalized-classic-name-necklace

So it is hard to debug.

So, moving forward, I need to see - 

1. The element inside the form

2. Your ADD TO CART code. Please paste it here.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 5 10

Larry,

I don't see it here - https://paradisecovejewelers.com/products/personalized-classic-name-necklace

So it is hard to debug.

So, moving forward, I need to see - 

1. The element inside the form

2. Your ADD TO CART code. Please paste it here.
Thanks

0 Likes
12 0 0

Thanks for the reply

1. I feel like I might have misunderstood your initial question. Do you mean pasting 

<p class="line-item-property__field">
  <label for="nameword-on-necklace">Custom Name/Word: <input required class="required" id="nameword-on-necklace" type="text" name="properties[Name/Word on Necklace ]"> </label>

</p>

into the description of the page? On my browser, the text box appears as such. Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 7.24.11 PM.png

2. Sure, Here's my add to cart code 

<div class="product-single__add-to-cart">
<button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart--{{ section.id }}" class="btn add-to-cart{% if section.settings.add_to_cart_button_size == 'large' %} add-to-cart--full-width{% endif %}"{% unless current_variant.available %} disabled="disabled"{% endunless %}>
<span class="add-to-cart-text">

{% if current_variant.available %}
{{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }}
{% else %}
{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
{% endif %}
</span>
</button>
</div>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 5 10

This is an accepted solution.

I meant that 

<p class="line-item-property__field">
  <label for="nameword-on-necklace">Custom Name/Word: <input required class="required" id="nameword-on-necklace" type="text" name="properties[Name/Word on Necklace ]">
</label> </p>

above code should be after the 

<form action="/cart/add" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="AddToCartForm--product-customizable-template" class="product-single__form">

and before closing of form tag.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
12 0 0

Thank you SO MUCH! That solved the issue. Have a fantastic day :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 5 10

This is an accepted solution.

Can you accept the solution so it doesn't necessarily appear on the forum under unanswered topics?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. 
I have seen the shopify tutorial for this and have done everything but I am not sure where to add this code to see that personalise name in the “Cart” section. Please help

0 Likes