Custom domain does not persist in chekout via Shopify 'Buy buttons'

1 0 0

Hi there, I am using Squarespace as my website content host and utilising the Shopify Buy Buttons for the product purchase flow.

When the user clicks to complete the purchase, a page then opens which displays the custom myshopify.com url instead of my custom domain persisting. 

Someone else has previously posed the same question (here) but I haven't found any answers to this. Has anyone else had to solve this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi, @jcironclanpan !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and thank you for reaching out to our Community.

I do understand what you are saying here. To offer some more context, adding a custom domain is part of the Online store section of the admin:

04-12-6v1sg-9z9bd

To be able to add a custom domain, you would then need to be on a plan which includes the online store. This would be the main workaround for this at this time.

I do however understand that this is not necessary for your own business operations. This is something that our team is aware of and I can, of course, add as feedback on your behalf. This will be added as a feature request and sent directly to our developer team.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out regarding this, and for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes