Custom product bundling question

DM_Cam
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

I am building a website for a client who sells cookies. She wants to sell in such a way that you purchase a box with a specific quantity (6 or 13) and then select which cookies you want in your box. I've looked at a few bundling apps and was wondering what the best option for this purpose would be. (Free preferred, she has a fairly minimal budget)

Thanks,

Cam

0 Likes

Hello Cam! I am currently unaware of a bundling app to integrate. Not sure if you've checked into the varients but I was thinking more along the lines of adding the varients and options which are already included within the product settings. Also adding all the additional apps will slow down the site speed which simply adding the variants will have no effect. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

HG Web Design

HG Web Designs
DM_Cam
Tourist
6 0 0

I have toyed with variants, I know that would be possible if I want to have different quantity options for each cookie (eg a box of 6 or 13 of one type) but I could not find a way to implement custom bundling. The way I want it set up is you select a box size, after which you pick and choose the amount of each variety you want within. Is this possible with variants?

Appreciate the fast reply by the way

0 Likes

Cam,

I believe you can play around with the varients to make it work in your favor. You can create the options as "Box Size" with the number of cookies in each box as variants of '6,12,24, etc., and created another option "cookie flavor " which would have the varients "oatmeal, chocolate chip, etc.". That will give them the drop-down options of choosing "6 oatmeal cookies". Now if that doesn't work, you can do the same thing just have the options set to "6 Oatmeal" and put the quality that can be purchased as the variant "1,2,3, etc.). Thank will give them the options of "1 box of 6 Oatmeal". Hope that gives you some additional options in case you don't find any apps to help that are free. 

Thanks,

HG Web Design

HG Web Designs
0 Likes

Hi @DM_Cam 

You can consider having a custom product template. One of my previous users is doing so and he is selling smoothie bowls. When the products are selected, click the 'add bundle to cart' button to add the individual items via Cart ajax. 

My app can also enable you to do custom bundling. Just not sure if it can handle your fulfillment needs.

Feel free to check my post about the store. 

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes