Custom text field on product page - Only on specific products

Chaitunat
Visitor
3 0 0

My store sells personalized accessories and so, I want to have a "Enter Name" text field on my product page. And this text field will be a *required field for the customer to add the product to cart.

The problem is that I want to have this on only a certain set of products. How do I go about this? I use the theme - debutify
Can someone please provide me with a simple solution? Thanks in advance 🙂

Replies 6 (6)

WGM
Excursionist
21 1 3

There are several apps you can add to your store that will provide you with that functionality. Here are a few I would recommend:

Infinite Options by ShopPad Inc.

Advanced Product Options by Mageworx

I've used both and while I prefer the Infinite Options app, both work well and have free trials.

WGM | 7+ Years Shopify Experience
-If my answer was helpful click Like to let me know!
-Did I answer your question? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Chaitunat
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi WGM, thanks a lot for these recommendations. Will definitely try one of these options. Out of curiosity, is there a way to make this feature by editing the code?

WGM
Excursionist
21 1 3

Chaitunat, 

Yes, it is possible to do it by editing the code. TyW has a great guide on how to get customization information for products. Fair warning, it's not a simple "copy & paste" solution, but it is a very thorough step by step guide.

WGM | 7+ Years Shopify Experience
-If my answer was helpful click Like to let me know!
-Did I answer your question? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hey @Chaitunat,
You can achieve this simply by editing the code without using any apps.
Please contact me to discuss this in detail.

Genevievesecker
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there I am also looking for someone to help me add custom fields to only certain products. So far I have been able to add the coding but it adds it to ALL of my products not just certain ones. Thanks

EFOLI-Emilia7
Shopify Partner
289 9 37

Hello @Chaitunat, have you found the solution? Though it’s been quite a long time, still I’m leaving a possible solution as it can be helpful for others too. As you want to add a text field on your product page then it can be done with the Inkybay app.

The Inkybay app offers the “Product Options” feature. With this feature, you can add as many options as you want. You can add a text field on your product page and also make the option required (*) so that without entering the text they can’t add the product to the cart. You can set a placeholder for that text field also. It’s also possible to set a maximum character for the field, add price on characters, or on the full-text field. Also, you can apply it to any specific product or group of products. 

You can display those options in drop-down, radio, swatch, and check box. For the swatch images, it’ll also preview on the product page. It’s possible to assign the price to each option and the price will be added to the base price when any option is selected by the customer. The information of all options will be available on the order files also. You can get the order files through the app in four different formats PNG, JPG, PDF, and SVG.

You’ll get 21 days of free trial for going through all the customization features. Here is the Demo Product.

Standard Business Card (Product options)– inkybayStandard Business Card (Product options)– inkybay

Emilia7 | eFoli
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants