Custom text field on product page - Only on specific products

Chaitunat
3 0 0

My store sells personalized accessories and so, I want to have a "Enter Name" text field on my product page. And this text field will be a *required field for the customer to add the product to cart.

The problem is that I want to have this on only a certain set of products. How do I go about this? I use the theme - debutify
Can someone please provide me with a simple solution? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
WGM
Excursionist
21 1 3

There are several apps you can add to your store that will provide you with that functionality. Here are a few I would recommend:

Infinite Options by ShopPad Inc.

Advanced Product Options by Mageworx

I've used both and while I prefer the Infinite Options app, both work well and have free trials.

WGM | 7+ Years Shopify Experience
-If my answer was helpful click Like to let me know!
-Did I answer your question? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Chaitunat
3 0 0

Hi WGM, thanks a lot for these recommendations. Will definitely try one of these options. Out of curiosity, is there a way to make this feature by editing the code?

0 Likes
WGM
Excursionist
21 1 3

Chaitunat, 

Yes, it is possible to do it by editing the code. TyW has a great guide on how to get customization information for products. Fair warning, it's not a simple "copy & paste" solution, but it is a very thorough step by step guide.

WGM | 7+ Years Shopify Experience
-If my answer was helpful click Like to let me know!
-Did I answer your question? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
755 69 131

Hey @Chaitunat,
You can achieve this simply by editing the code without using any apps.
Please contact me to discuss this in detail.

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425
0 Likes
Genevievesecker
3 0 0

Hi there I am also looking for someone to help me add custom fields to only certain products. So far I have been able to add the coding but it adds it to ALL of my products not just certain ones. Thanks

0 Likes