Customer Address Triggers Shipping Location & Overrides Set Shipping Zones

BrandiBrandi
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello All, 

I am running a drop shipping brand where some of my products can be shipped worldwide, and some of them have limited shipping capabilities.  Although some of my products are available "worldwide" I will not be selling to every country and to help ensure that I don't get spoof orders I am using a Country Blocking App to block countries that I don't sell to from seeing my site.  

I have set my Shipping Zones as thus:

• Limited Shipping: ONLY includes countries specific to manufacturer limitations - under specific manufacturer #1
  • "Worldwide" Shipping: ONLY includes countries I have not BLOCKED via the country blocking app - under specific manufacturer #2

My problem is:  When I test my site to check that the delivery locations are not available on those particular products, the Shopify Address Form automatically includes ALL COUNTRIES in the list.  (See photos).  Because the Shopify "Ship To Address Form" includes all countries, and does not block any, it will effectively allow people to "buy" products to ship to locations that I do not service.  Furthermore, anyone from countries that are not blocked from my site could essentially order products from my online store addresses that I do not service.  

Example:  If Sally, who is shopping online from India, tries my url, she will get a notice saying that we do not sell in her region.  But if Bob, shopping online from New York, wants to send Sally a gift from my site and send it to her, then he will still be able to go through the entire checkout process and complete the order putting her address (in India) as shipping.  This will cause a huge headache for me and my staff as we would A.  Have to refund the order B.  Inform the customer that what he bought he cannot get, and C.  Lose Customers because of a bad experience.  I don't even want to think about the fraudulent opportunities on this...or the spoof or spam fake orders that might be possible!  UGH

How can I BLOCK or edit or change the countries allowed in the Ship to Address form?  

I hope I am being clear.  Anyone that knows ... PLEASE HELP!

THESE ARE THE LIMITED LOCATION AVAILABILITIES

THESE are the Limited Country Delivery locationsTHESE are the Limited Country Delivery locations

BELOW ARE THE SHOPIFY ADDRESS FORM SHIPPING LOCATIONS THAT OVER RIDE MY PRESET SHIPPING ZONES.  THESE ARE WHAT I WISH TO CHANGE / EDIT / BLOCK

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 11.38.41 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-22 at 11.38.47 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-22 at 11.39.05 AM.jpg

0 Likes