Customer Data Inconsistently Saving From Contact Form

Mcheng1028
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello guys- I'm using a form builder app called hulk apps to pass information from the contact form into the Shopify database. But I'm having trouble having the Shopify database save the information submitted from the form. It works about 40% of the time. When it works, we can save first and last name, phone number and email. Which is the exact fields that are on our contact form. When it doesn't work, no data shows up in the Shopify database at all. The developer I'm working with seems to think it is anti-spam features of the Shopify database. He thinks that my testing using the same emails and IP addresses may affect the way Shopify decides on what information to save. Is that the case? Is this a known feature of shopify? Have people encountered issues with inconsistent committed data?

Reply 1 (1)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @Mcheng1028 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should contact HulkApp Support Team at help@hulk-support.com

As specified by Shopify:

Spam filtering

Hello guys- I'm using a form builder app called hulk apps to pass information from the contact form into the Shopify database. But I'm having trouble having the Shopify database save the information submitted from the form. It works about 40% of the time. When it works, we can save first and last name, phone number and email. Which is the exact fields that are on our contact form. When it doesn't work, no data shows up in the Shopify database at all. The developer I'm working with seems to think it is anti-spam features of the Shopify database. He thinks that my testing using the same emails and IP addresses may affect the way Shopify decides on what information to save. Is that the case? Is this a known feature of shopify? Have people encountered issues with inconsistent committed data?

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.