Customer Upload

DesireeJoy
3 0 0

Good Afternoon!

I want to be able to offer customizable products on my shopify store. Something like, I offer a shirt through printify, and allow you to upload a picture of your face that I will hand cut out and add to the design. 

This led me to two questions.

I was able to make a new liquid template with a file upload tab using these instructions

However, I don't know where the file end up.

Question 1: Will they appear in my "files" section? (Or can I email them to myself instead?)

Question 2: Will printify try to auto fulfill this item, which wouldn't work since it doesn't have access to the file?
Answer: Well I was able to find the answer to this. You can switch Printify to manual order in it's settings. (Click the gear) That way I can push through a custom order by doing it one at a time. 

So I guess that leads to a third question,

Am I making this harder than it has to be?

Thanks in advance for any help!! 

Desi

0 Likes
EffectiveApps
Shopify Partner
222 9 27

Hey Desi,

Welcome to Shopify!

If you are only trying to add an upload field to your products, there are apps that allow you to do so.

You can, if you want, try and modify your store theme code by yourself (here's a reference post), but it is really not recommended for non-technical users.

0 Likes
DesireeJoy
3 0 0

Thank you!

I have some basic coding knowledge so I was able to add the upload option, I'm just not sure if the customer file will end up in the 'files' portion of my shopify admin or if I need to point it there. That post is actually where I found out how to do it! :D

I have come up with a workaround though, having seen that printify doesn't allow customizing in their app and I will have to manually do it.

Thank you for the welcome and link :)

0 Likes
DesireeJoy
3 0 0

Thanks again <3

0 Likes
Dperry
1 0 0

Hi. I am new and trying to figure out this exact issue myself. I want to be able to edit a customer photo and then re-attach it to the original order before sending to print on demand. How did you resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thx. 

0 Likes