Customer can't change wrong shipping address

1 0 0

Here's my support chat that explains what's going on. If your customers are getting the same issue, please let Shopify know. I know there's some degree of customised code on individual shop sites, but the fact that this is across multiple sites I think indicates something wrong with Shopify itself. This problem is old enough that the two stores I talked about have coded, or attempted to code, workarounds for the problem. Teddy Fresh has a special warning at the end of their checkout process to check the shipping address and send a form email if it needs changing. Bloch has the 'Remove' option described below, but it's not working.

Barbara Palmer:  

I have a great test case for the problem where a customer is unable to correct their shipping address. This is consistent across multiple shops and people are discussing this issue online.

Chat started.

Martin K:  

Hey there Barbara! Thanks for getting in contact today! How’re you doing? : ) And that's great, I'd love to hear your use case so we might be able to improve this for you in the future!

Barbara Palmer:  

Keen to buy tshirts from Teddy Fresh in Black Friday sale. Go to checkout. Enter email address. Get Shopify Pay code and enter it. Shipping address comes up as Launceston General Hospital, because the last Shopify purchase I made was a care package for a friend. Click change. Enter new address details. Click 'Continue to Shipping'. Address comes up with new details, all except the company name 'Launceston General Hospital' which is still in there!

Barbara Palmer:  

Whatever field that company name is in is not being overwritten when the address is saved. Love to the software devs, I hope the specific case details help with fixing the bug!

Martin K:  

Ah okay I see - so it's keeping the same company name remains? Thank you so much for that Barbara! I will send this information up to the team today so this can be attached to any other use cases like this! In the meantime, you might be able to use this link - https://pay.shopify.com/optout

Martin K:  

It basically removes your information from Shopify Pay, so you can enter the information in fresh again, to bypass the Shopify Pay autofill to update details

Martin K:  

But I'll be sure to let the team know about that use case. Thank you so much for letting us know!

Barbara Palmer:  

By the way, same sequence of events applies buying products from another Shopify store. Specifically dancewear from Bloch. They even tried to have a 'Customer Address Book' on their site and allow you to 'Remove' an old address. No such luck! Launceston General Hospital persists!

Barbara Palmer:  

Thanks, I'll use the opt out and re-register workaround to try to clear it. Stay on it though - workarounds are only workarounds. Good luck!

Martin K:  

Yes of course Barbara, but just as something you can do for the meantime to make sure your deliveries get to you. I'll send this up to the relevant team so you for sure! Have a great rest of your day!

Barbara Palmer:  

You too! Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
720 0 56

To change shipping address on ecommerce websites like Amazon, it's usually the case that you have to cancel the existing order, go back to update the address and then reorder. I don't think its any different here.  Having a developer integrate the shopify pay opt out to your checkout page should help. 

0 Likes