Customer uploading PDF file preview when adding to Cart

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I am building a printshop site.  I want to allow customer to upload PDF document at the time when they add the product to cart and also preview it for them to approve the file.   I tried using Uploadery App it was great in terms of the upload feature but it's missing the preview option for PDF files.  Any suggestion on how I can achieve this on shopify?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, @jaywysper 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

What is the purpose of the file upload? There are some apps that allow for image upload and preview, but they are often linked to product customization. Here are some examples:

Take a look and see if any of these options might suit your idea! Some apps have stores linked where you can test out the function, so, be sure to do that before purchasing. If that still doesn't suit, let us know a bit more about what you're trying to achieve!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Max,

I would like to do almost the same. Actually, I would like to enable only new subscribers to upload an ebook from my store. How can I deal with that ?

Thanks in advance.

Jihane

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, @Jihaneb.

Are you looking for customers to contribute their own book to your site? Let us know some more details about the idea you have in mind. 

If you're hoping to sell an eBook and have customers download it from your site, that's a bit of a more straightforward process. You could use an app like; Digital Downloads or Send Owl.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0
Hi Max,

Actually I want to enable people to download freely my ebook after they
subscribe to my website. How can I manage that ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jihane
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, @Jihaneb.

This is something you could offer as a product for purchase (using one of the digital downloads apps to help facilitate this). Then you could allow or require customers to sign up to your shop when checking out. Head to Settings > Checkout and review these options:

19-32-xbjvh-rkzvb

If you wanted to create a slightly different flow, you might find that using an email app to help gather new signups and send follow up emails with a download link would be a good option! Building a customer list for email marketing is a help doc that I think might be a good one to review. If you're not using an email marketing service already, I'd suggest looking into some options like MailChimp or Klaviyo to help create lists of customers and send automated emails!

Let us know if you need any more help or advice getting this sorted!

Best, 

Max

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0
Hi Max,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. It's very clear !

Regards.

Jihane
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

@Jihaneb 

Glad to hear it!

All the best with your shop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Max, I'm not sure  jaywysper

Regards
Geggi

0 Likes