Customer used a discount code I don't recognize

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

I haven't really been using discount codes that much.  In the entire life of my store I've only created about 20 of them and only one customer has ever used one.  I just had my second customer use a discount code to get $4.99/off her purchase (small potatoes so I'm not super worried about it) but when I checked my list of discount codes, the code she used isn't one of the codes I offer.  Can anyone tell me how she was able to use a discount code for my store that isn't in my discount codes list?

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
3 1 0

Never mind, I found it.  It was an exit-intent discount code automatically generated for conversion.  It didn't show up in my search because it's a auto-generated at random when someone is about to abandon a checkout.  Apologies for the post but I'm answering it myself instead of deleting it in case someone else makes the same mistake I did.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
153 0 2

Hello there

I see that your customers don't use discount codes much. It may be because discount codes are reminded at the checkout page. Do you want to use another way to discount? Like showing crossed discount price next to the original price.

0 Likes