Customers Not Receiving Order Receipts/Shipping Confirmation

DScaled
3 0 0

Hi,

I have a new store and I've found out that customers are not receiving order receipts or shipping confirmations. They receive a receipt from Paypal for the credit card transaction, but not from Shopify.

I checked my SPF record for GSuite, and it's accurate: v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

Any other reasons?

Thanks

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31

Hi @DScaled

You also need to include Shopify in your SPF record like so:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

Let me know your domain name if you'd like me to check your record is correct.

0 Likes
DScaled
3 0 0

Thank you Sebastian_Young, I'll try adding that one.

I actually also added the following record yesterday after searching the community results further:

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:otherdomain.com ~all

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31

Hi @DScaled, just to be absolutely clear, you must only have one SPF record. If you have more than one, your SPF is invalid. You should have only one record with all includes needed.

Let me know your domain name if you'd like me to check the current state of play.

0 Likes
DScaled
3 0 0

@Sebastian_Young

Thanks a lot for the heads up about that, I just consolidated them into one record.  I'll see if this clears it up.

0 Likes
SheroBeauty
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, I am having the same issue with www.shero.co , my customers are not receiving their confirmation emails/shipping update. Not even through text, please do help! Thank you!

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
Hi @SheroBeauty, please add the following SPF record to your domain:

v=spf1 include:_spf.hostedemail.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all
SheroBeauty
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for the suggestion, really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we don't have a custom domain email. Our domain is hosted by Shopify, and we are using Gmail as an email address. Could this be a shopify error? Sorry for not providing all the essential information in the first posting!

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
So is the email address set up in Shopify to send messages to customers something@gmail.com?
0 Likes
SheroBeauty
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes you are correct

0 Likes